Tuesday, June 9, 2009

There's a cat outside my office

Quick recap of Liverpool: I went inside the Cavern Club, probably one of the most famous music clubs in the world. I think I spent more time in the Beatles gift shop though. One of my purchases was a guitar pick – I’m hoping the historical significance will inspire me to play more next year.

I got back to London Saturday night and hit the ground running on Sunday. I went to the National Gallery and the British Library’s exhibit on Henry VIII. It’s the 500th anniversary of him becoming king, and a lot of museums are honoring his legacy. It was actually pretty interesting seeing his love notes to Anne Boleyn or the documents surrounding his divorce.

I stayed up late on Sunday to watch the Lakers game. Missing the NBA playoffs is the only bad part of being in London. Tonight the game starts at 2 a.m. and will likely end at 5. Plus, there’s a Tube strike that starts at 7 p.m. tonight and will go until Thursday at 7. It already takes me 45-50 minutes to get to work so I hate to think how early I’ll have to get up tomorrow. Maybe I just won’t go to bed after the game…

Lately I’ve been planning like a madwoman. We have so few days left, and the opportunities to see everything we want are dwindling. I’m leaving work in a few minutes to head to the British Library. We have a class project that’s due Monday, and I’m not looking forward to doing homework. Bleh.

Daily superlatives:

Best part of the day:
Planning more of my time here.

Worst part of the day: Checking my bank balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment