Thursday, June 4, 2009

Has Scotland suddenly become independent?

Nota bene: The title of this blog was not said by me.

Last night I went running in Regent's Park. I'd never been there before and expected to see a simple jogging trail.

Another wonderful London surprise.

Regent's Park is filled with a variety of flowers, including several massive gardens, manicured bushes and Roman classical fountains spewing water as birds sing and chirp.

It's a runner's dream.

I stopped a few times to absorb the beauty. Well, that and to catch my breath. It's been a while since I've run, and I definitely felt out of shape. There's a 5k later this month, and I'd like to be able to run it in a respectable (i.e. less than 45 minutes) amount of time.

I probably spent half my time running or walking and the rest sitting on a swing in a middle of a rose garden. I couldn’t believe I was in a middle of paradise.

I’m leaving for Liverpool in a couple of hours. I’ll be there til Sunday morning. While I feel pretty comfortable with London, I’m excited to be in a strange place. I’m staying with a girl who went to our high school senior year and goes to university in Liverpool.

Anyway, I have to go pack, last minute as always.

Daily superlatives:

Worst part of the day: Sitting in almost complete silence at work.

Best part of the day: (hopefully) arriving in Liverpool!

No comments:

Post a Comment